It does not take drastic changes to see improvement in the quality of your life. And, you don’t have to wait years to see the measurable results that come from even the slightest positive change.
All you have to do is take small steps, and take them consistently.
In this article I give you 10 small ways to improve all areas of your life in the next 30 days.
Strengthen Your Spirit
Set your alarm a minute earlier every day for the next 30 days. Then make sure that you get out of bed as soon as your alarm rings and use that time for prayer and meditation. In 30 days you’ll be spending thirty more minutes with God than you are right now.
Enhance Your Physical Environment
Take a look around your home. What are 30 things you’ve been “meaning to do?” Fix one of those things each day. Here are some examples:
- A light bulb that has burned out.
- The stack of mail piling up on your desk.
- The plastic food containers that fall out every time you open the kitchen cabinet..
Boost Your Happiness
What are 10 small things you enjoy doing? Make a list and do at least one of these things every day for the next 30 days. Your list can include things such as:
- Taking a bubble bath
- Having a chat with your best friend
- Read a few pages of a juicy romance novel
Enhance Your Personal Development
Make it a point to learn at least one new thing each day: the name of the person who takes your lunch order, a new word in a foreign language, or the capitol city of a state you’d like to visit. If it’s time for bed and you can’t identify anything you’ve learned that day, take out your dictionary and learn a new word.
Increase Your Financial Well Being
Use paper money to pay for all your purchases over the next 30 days. Put all of the change you receive in a jar and save it. At the end of the month, see how much money you have accumulated. .
Manage Your Time Wisely
What are 5 ways that you regularly waste your time? Over the next 30 days, limit the amount of time you spend doing those things. Here are a few examples:
- Limit your television time to 30 minutes per day
- Spend no more than 30 minutes a day on social media sits
- Spend no more than twenty minutes a day checking your email.
Improve Your Health
Take the 10,000 steps challenge. Wear a pedometer and walk 10,000 steps, every day, for the next 30 days. Every step you take during the day counts toward the 10,000 steps:
- When you walk from your bedroom to the kitchen for breakfast
- When you walk from your car into your office (try parking further away from the door each day)
- When you leave your desk to talk to a co-worker (instead of sending an email)
Build Better Relationships
Identify 3 actions that you’re going to take each day, for the next 30 days, in order to strengthen your relationship. These can include the following:
- Say “I love you” and “Have a good day” to your significant other every morning.
- Hug your significant other as soon as you see each other after work.
- Go for a twenty minute walk together every day after dinner; hold hands.
Build Social Connections
Connect with someone new every day for the next 30 days, whether it’s by greeting a neighbor you have never spoken to before, following someone new on Twitter, leaving a comment on a blog you have never commented on before, call your mom and ask her about her day.
Enjoy Total Life Well Being
Taking just one small action step a day helps you to build momentum toward a better you.
I invite you to claim your free download of the 31 Days to Personal Growth Calendar and receive a month full of simple activities you can take to enhance your personal, professional and spiritual growth every day.
Brought to you by Benecia Ponder, dedicated to helping you live with an abundance of passion, purpose, power, and prosperity.